3275 Bennett Creek Avenue Baltimore, MD 21704
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Server Engineer to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting server, storage and virtual environments. Manage the architecture, integration and availability of servers, virtual servers, and storage, as well as coordination with Information Technology (IT) counterparts to facilitate participation in the business continuity process. Work directly with IT management in server system capacity planning to proactively meet anticipated growth and to support new business initiatives. Act as a lead for Server Administration
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, support and management of Novell, Microsoft, Linux and storage & server operating systems
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, support and management of storage (NAS, SAN, etc.) systems and network architecture
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, support and management of virtualization software, infrastructure as well as virtual server/desktop machines, VDI, virtual networks and virtual security.
- Maintain network server hardware & software, Installing service packs & performing routine monthly maintenance
- Act proactively and respond to server or network outages, proactively pursuing end user or systems issues through resolution
- Provide high level technical support to applications development & operations on Network & OS issues
- Provide support for escalated problems from Help Desk as needed
- Create LANDesk application objects & configure them for remote delivery to users
- Maintain system security including file system rights, object rights and ACL’ s
- Maintain corporate Anti-virus/malware protection including both server & desktop
- Troubleshoot Internet connectivity issues including, but not limited to, Terminal server, e-mail and FTP
- Perform research on new technologies and make recommendations to management
- Support external network users (agencies, terminal services)
- Maintain public IP addresses & DNS records
- Maintain corporate e-mail system, planning for growth & expansion and performing routine system maintenance. (MS Exchange email servers)
- Act as a back-up for the Network Engineer for all aspects of voice system administration, including planning for expansion and software upgrades, new user setup, hunt groups, vectoring & ARS maintenance.)
- Create & maintain network documentation as it relates to server and server environment
- Participate and engage in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (DR) research IT areas assigned as well as tests and upon DR declaration.
- Be available as needed per management and/or on call for critical issues, projects, security incidents or requests reported though the Helpdesk or directly/in person.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BS in Computer Science or related studies
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (M.C.S.E.)
- VMWare vSphere, ESX certification or training
- Cisco training a plus
- 8 years as a network administrator with secondary experience in communication networks
- Strong knowledge Network Design experience
- Strong knowledge VMWare vSphere, ESX (Production Business applications)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical issues and information both verbally and in writing to management
- Network topologies, routers and firewall configuration
- Wiring topologies and wiring distribution systems
- PC and server configuration and troubleshooting
- Programming and systems topics
- VMWare vSphere, ESX
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65454 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.