Senior WebFocus Developer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Senior WebFocus Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior WebFocus Developer to join our team.
- We are in need of a WebFOCUS developer, preferably with FOCUS experience, to help convert SSA's Oracle EPM and WebFOCUS7703 applications to WebFOCUS 8.xx. The developer will design and develop complex enterprise level applications and other system software using a strong working knowledge of WebFOCUS and Section 508 testing and coding standards. They will use superior oral and written communications skills as needed to effectively convey progress, issues, reports, and other customer deliverables with clarity and value. The developer may assist with documenting the conversion effort, including lessons learned.
- Self-managed with the ability to coach and mentor others.
- Background in coding and testing Section 508 standards.
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite for creating documents, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Extensive technical experience with requirements analysis efforts for large-scale successful IT system implementations.
- Exposure and understanding of Agile methodology.
- Requirements analysis experience with identifying services and defining processing requirements in a SOA environment.
- Business Process Modeling experience to visualize, document, model and analyze business processes.
- Experience with managing resources, managing assigned work, maintaining technical liaison with the customer.
- Experience in identifying and conveying opportunity capture.
- Well versed in SDLC, as well as RUP, Agile, Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated design and development skills using WebFOCUS 7 and WebFOCUS 8.xx.
- Demonstrated development ability using Oracle EPM.
- Experience working with WebFOCUS 8.xx, Masterfile/meta data development, managed reporting, BI Dashboard.
- 3 years' experience working with InfoAssist and developing Adhoc reports.
- 2 years' experience in WebFOCUS 7 to WebFOCUS 8.xx migration efforts.
- Experience with version control software such as MKS.
- Knowledge of both client/server and mainframe-based systems.
- Ability to independently and rapidly learn new technology, as needed
- Experience eliciting requirements that lead to identification of business rules.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level.
- Ability to explain complex technical and management information with conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Knowledge of, and experience with mainframe FOCUS.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Job Control Language (JCL)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36982 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.