Senior Systems Analyst
Baltimore, MD 21244
Senior Systems Analyst
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Systems Analyst will be responsible for assisting SSA with Systems Lifecycle process improvement in a modernized development environment. The qualified candidate will review and familiarize themselves with the current lifecycle and develop a new lifecycle(s) to correspond to the new focus on iterative development and continuous delivery.
- At least 11 years of professional experience and a technical Bachelor's degree. A Master's degree and certifications are a plus.
- Ability to develop new processes from scratch.
- Good customer service and communication skills (oral and written). Must be comfortable interacting with clients.
- Must understand continuos delivery concepts.
- Familiarity with current SSA lifecycle is a plus, or the ability to learn the SSA lifecycle quickly
- Ability to operate independently and self-directed.
- Recent and relevant experience administering technologies within a Modernized Development Environment.
- Experience with system to system integration (Web Services, RESTful) would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn business processes.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
- Understand the difference between lifecycles for in-house developed apps versus COTS products and maturity levels of applications.
- Knowledge of PII and sensitivity levels, as well as system security requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the architecture, design, configuration, implementation, testing and troubleshooting for software design infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience working with the open sourced tools, the full software development lifecycle, and with object-oriented design.
- Work closely with a senior stakeholder group to determine priority of requirements based on business direction.
- To have an awareness and understanding of the other platforms/content used and developed by the business; so that they can advise on the appropriate prioritization of work.
- Development work completed within an Agile Scrum environment.
- Liaising with users to obtain information regarding requirements and form and manage a product backlog.
- Work with the stakeholder group to prioritize the backlog of requirements based on key business decisions and company direction.
- Work with the development scrum teams to deliver systems that reflect the needs of all users.
- Attend a range of scrum sessions, including backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint retrospective, story pointing; as well as any other ad hoc meetings that may be required.
- Work with the Scrum Master to ensure that there are suitable stories to take into the sprint process and that team velocity is adhered to when possible.
- Ensure that stakeholders and senior management are kept informed of progress through the various release cycles.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34915 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.