Senior Splunk Engineer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Senior Splunk Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Splunk Engineer to join our team.
- Leidos is looking for candidates who have a solid Splunk experience and can work collaboratively with diverse end users and Stakeholders.
- Candidates should have proven experience in architecture, implementation, and using Splunk solutions to integrate data feeds and create content in a distributed computing environment.
- This role requires the ability to architect and implement Splunk solutions in support of client’ s cybersecurity efforts.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience with 11 years of professional experience.
- Design and implementation of Splunk Enterprise
- Build or use Splunk content to find and correlate event information, perform actions such as notifying stakeholders, analyze event data graphically and report on security incidents within your security environment.
- Analyze data from application and device logs
- Produce ad-hoc and recurring reports
- Produce monthly report on status and progress of current problem tickets and ad-hoc assignments.
- Perform data analysis, database design, normalization, development, installation, and implementation of databases.
- Directs database-restructuring activities.
- Review logical and/or physical designs of existing databases, and provides for tuning to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Perform and direct the development and implementation of data mining and data warehouse programs.
- Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts and the translation of detailed design into computer software.
- Develop and implement algorithms for dB reports.
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor scripting language
- Java Script
- Perl Script
- Experience correlated and integrating Threat Intelligence into SOC processes
- Expertise in Malware analysis and APT mitigations
- Experience in running and analyzing output from various security monitoring tools
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to be able to convey information appropriately for a variety of audiences.
- Understand complex enterprise networks
- Interview and listening skills
- Switches, router and Firewalls
- Security Systems architecture
- Ability to create, modify and write SQL queries and scripts.
- Perform maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery of databases.
- Expertise in a variety of writing tools such as Adobe Acrobat, and MS Word
- Expertise in Visio to provide technical and logical diagrams.
- Knowledge of Wiki's and how to maintain wiki sites
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35514 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.