Senior Solutions Architect
Baltimore, MD 21202
Senior Solutions Architect
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a director level Senior Solutions Architect to execute our client's Technology Architecture Strategy. The SSA will function as part of a highly skilled agile development and architecture team supporting a strategic cloud program that includes Amazon Web Services and other cloud providers! The Enterprise Solutions Architect work across the organization globally to execute the firm’ s technology architecture strategy. This role works directly with business owners, engineers, department heads, providing technical leadership, deep technology expertise and architecture experience. You will provide hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring technologies are successfully incorporated into customer environments.
- Designs and defines Amazon Web Services architecture for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures.
- Performs expert-level systems AWS development and design work that may include logical system design; I/O design; cloud architecture analysis and design; and systems engineering.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future on premise, hybrid, and AWS cloud implementations.
- Create an enterprise architecture strategy to best allow business and IT strategies to cohesively enable and drive each other and create IT strategy through collaboration to define future state, capture current state, and build transition architecture.
- Manage the architecture and configuration of an enterprise network environment with appropriate hardware, operating systems software, applications software etc.
- Build, maintain, and promote IT catalog and processes to the organization.
- Create and manage programs to avoid a single point of view comprised of individual silo projects.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to drive a consensus based enterprise solution approach that is scalable and adaptable.
- Direct involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
- View a problem from multiple angles to verify all issues will be addressed with the most efficiency for a selected approach or solution.
- Participate in technical studies and evaluations of needs and technological alternatives with other managers.
- Direct staff in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Adhere to both company policy and governmental regulations concerning department.
- Deep knowledge of technical infrastructure including servers, storage, databases, networks, firewalls, telephony, desktop, mobile devices and cloud-based solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT operations, systems, architecture, technical controls, data-centric issues, and considerations.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing delivery by third party service providers, maintaining knowledge of contractual terms and holding delivery managers accountable.
- Develops technical analysis on potential projects.
- Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs, but self-aware enough to know personal technical limits.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and enhance IT processes within an organization and knowledge of challenges faced by implementation teams.
- Collaborates with matrixed partners to ensure that resources are effectively leveraged and managed in order to deliver on solutions delivery projects and production support demands
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com
Job Order Number: 35677 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.