Senior Project Manager
Baltimore, MD 21202
Senior Project Manager
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team.
- The U.S. Intermediaries (USI) organization is embarking on significant business transformation. The EPMO is providing program and project management support to enable the business to successfully execute selected initiatives. The Senior Project Manager will support the development of go-to-market strategies and new capabilities in the Broker Dealer business area.
- Senior Project Managers are accountable for successful execution of one or more medium to large size high impact projects of moderate to high complexity. Individuals in this role must effectively partner with sponsors, stakeholders and senior management to ensure the strategic goals and objectives of the project/s are met and deliver the desired business value.
- Senior Project Managers direct the daily activities of team members on multiple projects to ensure they provide high quality and cost effective services; they may also provide oversight to one or more project managers, in addition to other project team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct medium to large-scale, complex projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project lifecycles
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered • Manage projects according to established methodology and standards Utilizes a variety of information and data sources pertaining to organizational and professional trends. Checks the source for omission and accuracy. Identifies the sources that are appropriate for specific types of information. Checks for bias and omission. Seeks out the appropriate people to approach for guidance either formally or informally depending on the type of issue. Links information in a lateral as well as linear manner. Finds hidden data. Relates and manipulates data from various sources to create a fuller picture. Investigates and uncovers root causes of a problem or issue.
- Converses with, writes reports and creates/delivers presentations to all levels of colleagues and peer groups in ways that support problem solving and planning. Seeks a consensus with business partners. Debates opinions, tests understanding and clarifies judgments. Brings conflict into the open empathetically. Explains the context of multiple inter-related situations, asks searching, probing questions, and solicits expert advice prior to taking action and making recommendations.
- Understands and seeks ways to improve the quality and results of one’ s work. Ensures that team roles and responsibilities are defined and clearly communicated, and that the quality of the work efforts is meeting expectations. Procures resources (people, funding, material, support) to ensure that the unit’ s work is produced in a prompt, quality manner. Provides input for strategic planning meetings so that they produce expected outcomes. Plans for allocation of resources in line with unit goals. Creates and implements a strategy for supporting current and future business needs.
- Takes steps to identify and improve processes within own functional area. May escalate process improvement recommendations to appropriate management team for consideration. Participates on process improvement teams as subject matter expert for assigned areas of responsibilities
- Evaluates the effectiveness of current metrics in pursuit of improved performance indicators. Seeks opportunities and takes actions to enhance personal and functional performance and meet consistently more challenging expectations.
- Ability to work well with people with varying technical, business, and cultural backgrounds
- Comfortable working with executive management
- Ability to manage multiple medium and large projects
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing projects in a matrix environment
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35541 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.