Senior NLTK Python Developer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Senior NLTK Python Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior NLTK Python Developer to join our team.
The Sr. NLTK Python Software Developer shall have extensive experience in software design, development and testing, program installations, and system implementations using the NLTK within Python. The candidate will conduct research for and maintain the computer systems and utilities for commercial and Government engagements. In this position you will establish system parameters and formats; ensure hardware/software compatibility; and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and configuration capabilities. In addition, you will develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective development processes, data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop applications that are performant and meet the requirements of the client ustilizing NLTK within Python. Can mentor other Python developers on NLTK is used within Python.
- Contribute to the analysis and development of the final product.
- Providing tests for all code and logic created.
- Schedule code reviews to review all code written and changes made.
- Apply advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Contribute to the development of new principles and theories.
- Support management and customers in answering questions on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Work on innovative and unusually complex technical problems to provide solutions.
- Present design, concept, and architecture to internal and external audiences.
- Prepare weekly status reports of accomplished tasks.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college
- 11 years of IT experience preferred (negotiable on years)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience -- Proficient in using NLTK within Python 2.7.x language and common libraries
- Shall have extensive experience analyzing customers' needs, designing a quality proposal then developing these customized solutions to customer/user problems
- Python Frameworks: Anaconda, pandas, numpy, Python Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), scikit learn, regex, and multiprocessing
- RESTful and SOAP web service implementations
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Application servers/Web frameworks: Websphere, Bottle, Flask, Django, CherryPy
- Unit Testing
- Databases: SQL Server, DB2, Postgres, MongoDB
- XML, XSL, XSD
- Jenkins, Git
- Virtualization and Cloud development
- OS: Windows 7, 10, 2012 R2, Redhat Linux
- Possess excellent written and spoken communications skills, and will be able to perform technical documentation, user documentation, and customer presentations as required
- Must be able to work productively as a developer on a project and be able to integrate with project teams.
- Desired skills
- Data Modeling, DDL
- Server configuration
- Technical Leadership
- MS Visual Studio and VSTO
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35811 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.