Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key member of and sometimes lead, cross functional project teams. Major objectives may include: improve manufacturing operational efficiency, optimize product design, qualify replacement components or suppliers, improve product quality, improve customer satisfaction, orreduce manufacturing costs.
- Support the introduction of new products and equipment into manufacturing. Establish processes and procedures, create assembly documentation. Review engineering designs and documentation for completeness, clarity and manufacturability. Evaluate and qualify new suppliers. Train production personnel, oversee the efforts of more junior associates. Leads validation activities to include installation, operational and performance qualifications
- This key position provides hands on support to the manufacturing, assembly and test processes for reagent operations. TheSME resolves day-to-day production issues that may impede BD’ s ability to ship quality products on time. Must be an adept and experienced problem solver who is able to determine root cause of difficult technical issues. Must be able to implement effective solutions in a timely manner. Issues are typically multi-disciplinary in nature: mechanical, optical, electrical, and fluidic. The SME will strive to continuously improve processes in order to achieve optimal efficiency for manufacturing operations.
- The M.E. will perform and document field failure investigations, identify root cause, and participate in corrective and preventative action efforts.
- Work is usually independently performed with general instructions as to the objectives expected; May receive technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- Promotes a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of issues.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the leadership team.
- BS degree: ME, EE, IE, IT or equivalents
- 8 +years of experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Visio, Windows or Mac OS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must have good interpersonal skills: conflict resolution, negotiation, and time management skills
- Must be able to understand engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, and operational procedures
- Must have experience writing and reviewing Engineering Change Orders
- Must have proven project management experience, Led continuous improvement efforts with cross functional teams
- Experience developing manufacturing processes, writing procedures, and training assembly personnel
- The ability to assess and resolve multiple high visibility problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to be effective with minimal direction. Recognizes problems and addresses them without waiting to be instructed to do so
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 standards
- Willingness to travel infrequently to support new production equipment
- Proficiency with some of the following applications: Pro-E, AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Access, SAP ERP, PhotoShop.
- Experience resolving technical issues involving vision systems, mechanical components, fluidic systems, digital/analog circuitry and software code
- cGMP familiarity 21 CFR part 820, medical device manufacturing experience
- Experience implementing Demand Flow Technology (DFT) processes
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34325 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.