Senior Java Developer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Sr. Java Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Java Developer to join our team.
We are seeking a Sr. Java Developer for Baltimore location. The Senior Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing, maintaining Java based applications. Qualified resource will present concepts using UML and be willing to challenge other team member's designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback. In this role, you will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Master’ s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience or bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with JEE technologies, Struts 1.3x and Struts 2, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, PL/SQL, Oracle, DB2, SonarQube, Git, Tomcat, WebSphere and VersionOne in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience with Web Services Technology (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Strong XML processing experience such as XSD, XPath, XSL, XSLT, etc.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object-oriented programming (OOP) and development, data structures and design patterns.
- Experience with Agile framework and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout the software development phase.
- Hands-on experience with various frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and node.js.
- Experience coding "responsive" web pages, with cross-browser limitations and standard-compliant.
- Experience with RDBMS and database design and troubleshooting (Oracle, PL/SQL, DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with writing Java Batch applications with spring batch or other batch frameworks.
- Knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how to address them.
- Experience with DevOps, full automated deployment (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) and test automation, working knowledge of Jenkins, Maven and Shell Scripting.
- Experience with building Spring based, cloud native, 12 factor applications.
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Experience with designing, architecting, and presenting technical Cloud-based solutions throughout the life cycle, from early capture through proposal and delivery.
- Experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within OO application systems.
- Communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively; strong and proven problem solving.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual, a team player who adapts to a dynamic work environment, and the ability to mentor others.
- Experience with version control software such as MKS and GIT.
- Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
- Ability to investigate/research issues, determines impact, and provide solutions.
- Deep Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Redhat Openshift, and Docker is preferred.
- Experience running on a cloud environment with Cloud Computing such as AWS and MS Azure.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36820 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.