Senior IT Engineer
7 Loveton Circle Sparks , MD 21152
Senior IT Engineer
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior IT Engineer to join our team and work directly on client projects.
- Seeking an experienced Senior IT Engineer to be part of Diagnostics R&D Engineering Software development team, supporting department infrastructure.
- The candidate must demonstrate an understanding of PC hardware and software, including operating system setup, security, LAN configuration and troubleshooting, and mobile devices. They must provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. The solutions must be imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with the business and engineering objectives of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining OS images for use on BD products
- Qualifying and testing new hardware to handle obsolescence
- Setting up and maintaining a private LAN including physical wiring, switch configuration, and security
- Documenting and updating R&D infrastructure topologies
- Support Microsoft servers and virtual server’ s environments running VMWare and Hyper-V
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience maintaining and configuring PCs and servers for Microsoft server operating systems
- Minimum of 1-year experience with Operating System deployment technologies such as MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit) and/or ImageX
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with virtual machines (such as VMWare and Hyper-V) setup and deployment is highly desirable
- Experience with software application test environments and software tools is desirable
- Minimum of 1-year industry experience with implementing cyber security best practices including network security, virus protection, and data encryption is desirable
- Minimum 1-year experience with Acronis software is desirable
- Ability to work independently in solving problems
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - verbal, listening and written (strong technical writing skills)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65854 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.