Senior IT Engineer
Sparks, MD 21152
Senior IT Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior IT Engineer to join our team.
- Seeking an experienced Senior IT Engineer to be part of Software development team, supporting department infrastructure.
- The candidate must demonstrate an understanding of PC hardware and software, including operating system setup, security, LAN configuration and troubleshooting, and mobile devices. They must provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. The solutions must be imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with the business and engineering objectives of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining OS images
- Qualifying and testing new hardware to handle obsolescence
- Setting up and maintaining a private LAN including physical wiring, switch configuration, and security
- Documenting and updating R&D infrastructure topologies
- Support Microsoft servers and virtual server’ s environments running VMWare and Hyper-V
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience maintaining and configuring PCs and servers for Microsoft server operating systems
- Minimum of 1-year experience with Operating System deployment technologies such as MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit) and/or ImageX
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with virtual machines (such as VMWare and Hyper-V) setup and deployment is highly desirable
- Experience with software application test environments and software tools is desirable
- Minimum of 1-year industry experience with implementing cyber security best practices including network security, virus protection, and data encryption is desirable
- Minimum 1-year experience with Acronis software is desirable
- Ability to work independently in solving problems
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills - verbal, listening and written (strong technical writing skills)
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35755 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.