Senior Data Architect and Modeler
Baltimore, MD 21244
Senior Data Architect and Modeler
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Data Architect and Modeler to join our team.
- Under the ITSSC program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.
- Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior Data Architect/Modeler to support the development and hands on implementation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open source server-side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products accessing a PostgreSQL database. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
- Specifically, the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Database and Infrastructure Team working with other Agile development teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Database Engineers, Implementation team, and External System Owners to develop and maintain the DCPS data model and database.
- Standard SM3 education and experience requirements.
- Experience analyzing database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to interfacing systems, Naming Standards, Design standards, Data Conversions and update corresponding documentation.
- Coordination and collaboration skills to work with teams to devise a data strategy that addresses Disability Case Processing requirements, translating business requirements into data designs, and maintain a data inventory.
- Experience with ERwin Relational data modeling tools for logical and physical data models.
- Ability to Identify and evaluate current data management technologies and research new opportunities for data acquisition and expand the vision for how data will flow through the distributed offices.
- Experience developing data strategies, data models, databases in an Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Integrate technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.)
- Ability to derive data designs and identifies opportunities to re-engineer data structures, and recommends efficiencies as it relates to data storage and retrieval
- Constantly monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems
- Experience with installation, development, maintenance and enhancement of physical PostgreSQL RDBMS to support the Agile development teams.
- Experience with developing and maintaining OLTP, data warehouses and operational data stores and concepts.
- Create SQL scripts for Conversion, Reports, Data Analysis and Data Corrections.
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance and administration of Oracle, DB2 or other RDBMS.
- Experience with Data Conversion and ETL Strategies on various databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Experience with performance and tuning of applications on various databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Experience with Dimensional Modeling for Business Information/OLAP systems.
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with RedHat Linux, Windows, Unix, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate and to pay attention to detail.
- Strong customer interface skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34501 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.