Senior Business Systems Analyst
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our team.
- We are a team of three analysts that supports Market Investment Data Repository (MIDR). It is an Oracle database that consumes data from a variety of sources that is aggregated and calculated for downstream consumption via SOAP UI data services and Business Objects reports. Our team works with our business partner Performance and Statistics that are the data stewards of the data within MIDR and have extensive knowledge of the system. This position is seeking a Business Analyst.
- Programs, software, tools, or systems this resource will use.
- SAP Business Objects Universe
- Ability to apply acquired knowledge from prior experience effectively in new situations (medium complexity)
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely when needed with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment.
- Strategy or Process Consulting Experience
- Ability offer solutions and the business impact to clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in team environment
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle
- Possesses effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on projects of medium complexity
- Process oriented, logical thinker
- Customer focused and good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of business processes related to financial systems/accounting
- Knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- T- SQL skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (VBA / add-ins / dll usage) (Excel/Access 2010)
- VB / VB.NET experience a plus
- Extensive experience reviewing and understanding SQL stored procedures, functions, and packages.
- Experience with Business Objects Reporting Universe
- Excellent documentation skill for summarizing analysis findings
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter – specifically understanding ETL mappings.
- Presentation skills for providing analysis findings.
- Familiar with Sybase SQL syntax
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36961 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.