Senior Business Analyst
Annapolis, MD 21041
Senior Business Analyst
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our team.
- Client is seeking a highly motivated individual with a positive ‘ can-do’ attitude and a passion for business analysis.
- The Senior Business Analyst will have a high standard of quality, performance and reliability.
- Their responsibilities include requirements gathering, documenting business processes and generation of comprehensive user requirements.
- The Senior Business Analyst is one of the key project stakeholders and a visionary that significantly influences their project team.
- Acts as the liaison between the applications development team and the business users to identify, assess, and document business requirements, analyze the impact of proposed solutions across the organization and develop use cases that explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to the development team
- Typical projects will be focused on converting/rewriting legacy FoxPro applications and tables to a .NET framework using SQL 2012
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with an assigned Project Manager by participating in all phases of the project life cycle including business requirements gathering and documenting
- Research existing application inventory for recommendations on like systems
- Facilitate group joint application design (JAD) sessions to obtain business requirements and create use cases
- Gather detailed business and technical requirements and participate in the definition of business rules and data standards
- Consult with managers to determine the role of the IT system in an organization
- Prepare an analysis of costs and benefits so that management can decide if information systems and computing infrastructure upgrades are financially worthwhile
- Devise ways to add new functionality to existing computer systems
- Design and develop new systems by choosing and configuring hardware and software
- Oversee the installation and configuration of new systems to customize them for the organization
- Help define business rules and data standards.
- Prepare gap analysis deliverables and process flow diagrams
- Participate in defining best approaches and priorities to meet the needs of the business
- Perform research and create deliverables as required by assigned Project Manager
- Create detailed use cases
- Develop and implement test plans
- Participate in phase gate project management office reviews
- Provide clear and realistic timeline estimates to all stakeholders
- Assist in prioritization of requirements
- Support the development of end-user training materials and end-user documentation
- Provide guidance to business on scope and iterative development processes
- Utilize existing tools and processes to schedule reviews and code drops
- Prioritize work among multiple projects
- Provide on-going operational support as needed
- Extensive work experience supporting a software development lifecycle process, using an Agile methodology, and working directly with software development teams
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including technical consultants and end users
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and meet demanding timelines
- Demonstrated technical aptitude with windows applications, web applications, and desktop applications and an understanding of basic software technical underpinnings
- Strong knowledge of methodologies and tools related to business analysis
- Ability to understand technical specifications
- Clear, effective, and proactive communication skills (written and verbal)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35561 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.