Security Engineer Tech lead
Washington , DC 22102
Security Engineer Tech Lead
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Security Engineer Tech Lead to join our team.
The Security Engineering Tech Lead will be part of the Information Security Operations and Engineering within the Information Technology Division. This position is responsible to provide PKI support for the infrastructure and applications across multi-site enterprise and data center environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders to understand goals, determine security requirements, design and implement solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Perform the technology planning, design, implementation and L3 support of IT Security solutions including PKI, Checkpoint Endpoint Security, Splunk, Bromium, and other security tools.
- Protect and secure company resources in the cloud, virtual and physical infrastructures.
- Understand and advocate IT Security standards, reference architectures.
- Support the security risk assessment of applications and infrastructure; including remediation of incident response, vulnerability analysis and threat intelligence.
- Coordination with Information Security team to ensure solution assurance and compliance to security policy, procedures, standards and baseline security configurations.
- Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat landscape and predict impact of changing technologies.
- Ensure consistent delivery of superior technical solutions.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Bachelor’ s degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in IT Security.
- 5+ years of experience planning, designing and implementing of PKI.
- Experience with scripting tools to automate routine tasks in Remedy and BladeLogic.
- Knowledge of Directory Services, Multifactor Authentication and Smartcard Authentication.
- Possess good working knowledge of PKI, multi-factor authentication, X.509 token, single sign-on, federated identity, and certificate management solutions.
- Possess good working knowledge of IAM tools such as TAM, OIM, and Sailpoint.
- Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across computing platforms.
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO, NIST) with an emphasis on NIST 800-53.
- Exposure to varied operating systems – UNIX, Linux, Windows.
- General understanding of key IT components – LDAP, Networking, firewall, load balancing, Federated Identity.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Must be able to effectively perform both independently and collaboratively as a strong team contributor.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36528 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.