Sparks, MD 21152
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Security Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols governing Information Security.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Research and report on emergency security threats and attack vectors.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Ensure ongoing compliance of Information Security Program with NIST 800-53, HIPAA, HITECH, SOC 2 Type II and any other applicable regulations/certifications required by business requirements.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
- CISSP, Ethical Hacker, ECSA, and/or Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Cyber security preferred.
- Three years proven working experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Strong experience with Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols,
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36254 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.