New York , NY 10014
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Security Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a Security Engineer who can work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. In this role you will work closely with operations, developers, data scientists, and CI/CD teams to establish, to implement and promote security standards and drive global information security and compliance.
- Work closely with various engineering teams to establish, implement and promote security standards to properly secure applications
- Complete regular application vulnerability assessments and lead initiatives to resolve any security flaws
- Automate security log collection and analysis wherever possible
- Establish and promote security best practices and general security awareness across multiple development teams
- Work on the improvement and integration of existing tools and development of new tools
- Analyze, escalate and remediate security incidents
- Correlate suspicious activity, identify false positives and alert on key security metrics
- 4+ years of Information Security experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of tools such as intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanners (i.e. Burp Suite), traffic analysis tools and packet sniffers like Wireshark, log collection and analysis like the ELK stack or other SIEM tools
- Knowledge of industry security standards, principles, techniques and technologies (OWASP, ISO27001, NIST etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux, scripting and automation
- Working knowledge of cloud environments like AWS
- Proven ability to lead large projects that involved multiple development teams
- Desired Skills include: SANS or Certified Ethical Hacker certifications, a BurpSuite master, someone who can easily decrypt an XOR encrypted message, and someone who knows who “ little bobby tables” is.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 37052 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.