Sparks, MD 21152
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Scrum Master to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will be part of a highly technical software engineering team developing a new next-generation molecular laboratory instrumentation system consisting of software/hardware robotic distributed automation. This requires interacting with Software team members and other disciplines such as Systems, Electrical, Mechanical and Assay Development while adhering to a regulated quality management system.
- The candidate must have strong project management skills utilizing Agile/Scrum software methodology and be adaptive in utilizing Scrum due to the complexity of the laboratory instrumentation. The candidate must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction while collaborating closely with their team as part of a larger technical team to achieve agreed upon scheduled deliverable work. The candidate will participate in a full software development life cycle. The candidate will be expected to provide direction for a small team assigned to complete work items.
- Ensures compliance to regulatory requirements, quality standards and conveys an expectation of high software quality
- Nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring
- Guide new and existing teams through the ‘ Forming, Norming, Storming and Performing’ stages to reach and maintain High Performing Status
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
- Resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation
- Works closely with one, or at most tow, development teams
- Guides Product owner in developing, maintaining and grooming product backlog
- Removes impediments/blockers in order to keep teams highly productive
- Identifies and manages dependencies with other internal or external teams
- Provides metrics and status to senior management and accurately represent status of the Scrum Teams
- Facilitates Sprint planning, release planning, daily stand-ups, stakeholder demos, and sprint retrospectives
- Requires a BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related engineering discipline
- Minimum of five years in an Agile/Scrum Development environment required
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a regulated environment
- Naturally strong leadership and interpersonal communicative skills
- First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM I) Required
- Minimum of two years in the Scrum Master Role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory in a regulated environment required.
- Work Experience in an FDA/ISO regulated environment preferred
- Second level Scrum Master Certification (CSP, PSM II) preferred
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal- Nice to Have
- TFS Experience Preferred
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34172 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.