SSRS Reports Developer
Baltimore, MD 21210
SSRS Reports Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a SSRS Reports Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The solutions analyst is responsible for providing front office investment technology based solutions supporting Investment Risk managers and analysts. The incumbent works closely with quantitative analysts and investment analysts to design, develop, test, and support analytical reporting solutions, primarily working in a Microsoft SQL Server environment. The resource is responsible for implementing custom investment management applications for the Investment Risk organization as a member of the Front Office Technology (FOT) project team.
- This position works with minimal supervision in the creation and maintenance of moderate to highly-complex solutions (including data infrastructure, reporting, and applications) that address the informational and analytical needs of the business.
- College degree and 2 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment and actively participated in daily standup, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or later preferred) including Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Strong SQL skills required, including experience in database design and stored procedure development
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into detailed functional and/or technical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and project team Demonstrated advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Experience with Investigating data issues
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34894 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.