Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a QA Tester to join our team.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Performance Tester will support independent testing, verification and validation for a high-volume, mission-critical application serving the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The candidate must be a team-player and able to contribute to the QA team with strong performance testing skills, as well as strong functional and manual testing fundamentals. Experience with automation development and testing is a plus. This position is in a deadline-driven environment where the tester must work collaboratively with the entire testing team through every step of the software development process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files, and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed.
- Create test scenarios and test cases from requirements documentation.
- Plan, prepare test data and execute functional test cases.
- Report defects and problems that occurred during the test process.
- Test and evaluate system performance for new or modified software modules and/or application environment changes.
- Develop and maintain load and performance test scripts and execute performance and breakpoint testing.
- Prepare and publish performance test plans and test summary results.
- Develop (configure and script), maintain and execute automated tests.
- Thoroughly learn the product and become a knowledgeable resource, able to respond reliably to a variety of product questions regarding functionality, scope, supported usage, etc.
- Follow all established CMS XLC QA policies for test case writing, defect creation and requirements traceability.
- Provide project management with accurate testing estimates and regular detailed progress updates.
- Support, train and or mentor other team members as deemed necessary by the QA Test Manager or Project Manager.
- Experience in performance testing and functional expertise in scripting and executing load testing.
- College degree and 3 or more years of related work experience.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of modern quality assurance processes and methods used in software development including the use of technologies for detecting and tracking defects
- Strong skills and experience in developing, performing and maintaining functional test cases
- A strong working proficiency in SQL and knowledge in concepts of databases
- Experience configuring and scripting automated test cases – both functional and performance
- Experience testing web based, server-client software.
- Experience with EDI transactions
- Experience with requisite tools or comparable software test tool suites: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) – (formerly HP Quality Center), ALM Performance Center/LoadRunner, Unified Functional Testing (UFT - formerly Quick Test Pro).
- Experience with the following protocols: TCP/IP communications, DNS services, HTTP communications, Web Service connections using SOAP and MIME protocols
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to learn new applications and processes quickly
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Hands-on experience in SOAP UI and Jmeter is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like CA Wily or Dynatrace.
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with CMS and knowledge of Medicare strongly preferred.
- Experience with the CMS Expedited Life Cycle Process (XLC) strongly preferred.
- Experience in healthcare IT, especially in the area of healthcare insurance eligibility.
- Understand of and experience with the ASC X12 270/271 transactions.
- Experience working on federal projects.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36347 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.