QA Tester III
Sparks, MD 21152
QA Tester III
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a QA Tester III to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use testing techniques and tools to support the delivery of quality products by verifying that the design and implementation of software products meet explicit and implicit requirements. Validate that software functions to fulfill operational needs.
- Engage in thorough product testing throughout all phases of development life cycle using a combination of testing methods. The testing aim is to confirm new functionality, assess feature integration across applications, test software performance, and identify issues affecting the continued quality of existing application features.
- While the role of the QA Tester III is primarily an active testing role, this position shall also serve as a catalyst for improving the quality of software testing among others involved with software testing and the software development group.
- Design an approach for testing projects and features to support application development. This approach may require formal test plans and test scripts, but the primary responsibility is to provide quality testing rather than artifacts of test.
- Develop and execute tests of supported software.
- Experience testing mobile and mobile web is beneficial.
- Verify and report defects identified in testing; track defects to resolution.
- Coordinate with test engineers and developers to improve quality and coverage of automated tests.
- Utilize tools in the execution of test plans to bring improvements to the testing team’ s capabilities.
- Revise testing scope and approach based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
- Promote contextually sound testing practices and help improve the performance of the testing team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four plus years of dedicated experience testing web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Experience working as part of an Agile team.
- Experienced and skilled in computer systems in a windows based environment.
- Knowledge of testing cycles and QA principles with an understanding of the usefulness of different testing methods: functional, integration, system, and regression testing.
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, strong experience in test design and execution.
- Functional knowledge of a structured query language is a plus (basic level, e.g. an understanding of table relationships, how to execute common functions.
- Deep understanding of software development life cycle.
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues.
- Passion for testing and pursuing quality in end-user applications.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work at both detailed and abstract levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assess priorities and manage competing deadlines independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to launch new projects and follow through to completion.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting capability.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34937 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.