QA Tester I
1 Kelly Way Sparks, Maryland 21152
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a QA Tester to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project managers and the software development team to understand how features in a software development project should function and who will use them. Based on this understanding, create test scenarios designed to verify functionality and to challenge how well a feature set meets the expectations for its design. The goal of this effort is to identify issues potentially affecting the quality of a feature and to provide clear information to assist in decision-making related to these software products.
- Understand features required for new software development.
- Clarify ambiguities in business or functional requirements.
- Identify success criteria and prioritize test requirements.
- Create a plan for testing application features and carry out the plan.
- Verify, report, and track defects found in testing and confirm resolution of defects.
- Revise testing scope and approach based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
- Develop knowledge of modern test and software development methodologies.
- College degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Ability to uphold the requirements of working in a professional environment.
- Software testing experience or similar engagement with software systems preferred.
- You possess a natural curiosity about how a system should function and will eagerly learn how to conduct good software testing to contribute to the development of quality software.
- You are skilled utilizing computer systems in a windows based environment.
- You have a strong sense of personal responsibility for outcomes.
- You are skilled at communicating issues in verbal and written form and can clearly articulate the status of tasks or results.
- You have experience using basic functions in Excel.
- You may have some basic knowledge of database concepts or a structured query language.
- You have excellent listening skills.
- You can work at both detailed and abstract levels.
- You possess strong problem solving and trouble-shooting capability.
- You are able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- You may already have some experience testing software or a similar engagement with software systems and you might have technical skills that you can use to assist in your testing.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65507 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.