5757 N Green Bay Ave Sparks, MD 53209
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Project Manager to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full life-cycle of projects from initiation to completion. Apply IT project management methodology and appropriate project management framework for all projects, using standards established by the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). Successfully initiate, plan, execute, and close all project deliverable as committed.
- Managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects
- Defining the project charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success.
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to end project execution.
- Ensuring client requirements are captured accurately and completely.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation.
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations.
- Acting as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop project plan, and execute projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule.
- Strong cross-business unit/IT communication, influence and negotiation required.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks including:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps
- Monitoring financial delivery and issue management processes, and escalating issues
- Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
- Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity
- Responsible for building and leading effective project teams including:
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Communication to project team members, key stakeholders and sponsors.
- Adapting to cultural and organizational climates across global team.
- Manage individual work styles and development of project staff.
- Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrix environment.
- Work with cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
- Bachelor' s degree required; Advance degree in IT related field or MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of Project Management experience in a large multi business unit organization required.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience overseeing large scale projects, global teams, project managers and application leads.
- Project Management Accreditation (APMP, PMI, Prince 2 or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced project management skills. Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology. Mastery of project domain.
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a matrix and remote environment.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Cultural adaptability. Virtual and remote team management ability. Independent and innovative spirit. Flexible and responsive to input.
- Needs to demonstrate Servant Leadership. The PM must demonstrate that he/she is there to help achieve the project outcomes/meet the needs of the Customer.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 65958 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.