Sparks, MD 21152
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full life-cycle of projects from initiation to completion. Apply IT project management methodology and appropriate project management framework for all projects, using standards established by the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). Successfully initiate, plan, execute, and close all project deliverables as committed.
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects including:
- Defining the project charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budgets and measures of success.
- Developing project estimates and plans to manage the end-to end project execution.
- Ensuring client requirements are captured accurately and completely.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation.
- Facilitating day-to-day coordination while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations.
- Acting as the link between the assigned project resources and key stakeholders.
- Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation.
- Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop project plan, and execute projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule.
- Strong cross-business unit/IT communication, influence and negotiation required.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks including:
- Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality, managing issue resolution
- Managing the process to assess gaps and develop action plans to address these gaps
- Monitoring financial delivery and issue management processes, and escalating issues
- Promoting and monitoring compliance activities with audit and information policies
- Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity
- Responsible for building and leading effective project teams including:
- Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Communication to project team members, key stakeholders and sponsors.
- Adapting to cultural and organizational climates across global team.
- Manage individual work styles and development of project staff.
- Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrix environment.
- Work with cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advance degree in IT related field or MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of Project Management experience in a large multi business unit organization required.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience overseeing large scale projects, global teams, project managers and application leads.
- Project Management Accreditation (APMP, PMI, Prince 2 or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced project management skills. Knowledge of project management vocabulary and terminology. Mastery of project domain.
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a matrix and remote environment.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Cultural adaptability. Virtual and remote team management ability. Independent and innovative spirit. Flexible and responsive to input.
- Needs to demonstrate Servant Leadership. The PM must demonstrate that he/she is there to help achieve the project outcomes/meet the needs of the Customer.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35476 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.