Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will run a number of medium sized projects within the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO). The SPM will work with senior business leaders and sponsors leading the execution of projects that support the respective business units and help to drive the firm’ s business strategy forward. This position is NOT seeking a technical project manager, financial services background and familiarity with compliance is critical. Seeking a solid PM who can speak with all levels of management.
- There are a number of different projects, one of them being a new product. Other projects may be process improvement within individual investor space - along with others requiring regulatory project experience.
- The SPM will work within the established Project Lifecycle Methodology ensuring projects are structured and run appropriately throughout the lifecycle regardless of execution methodology (Agile). The SPM will also manage risks, issues, constraints and internal/external dependencies.
- The SPM will be expected to coach team members and sponsors where necessary on project management processes and best practices, and effectively facilitate senior leaders and cross-functional teams to make decisions and achieve program objectives.
- Bachelor’ s Degree with 5 years’ experience leading medium sized projects and/or programs
- Successful candidate will NOT BE A TECHNICAL PM - however will have great project management, leadership, organizational, business analysis and influencing skills.
- He/she will have experience applying project management processes in a thoughtful way to achieve the best business result.
- Candidates must have proven experience managing a number of concurrent medium sized projects; have worked closely with business partners (outside of technology) to achieve results; be willing to perform “ hands-on” project management; have experience of creating Business Cases and KPIs.
- Experience of technology program/project management is acceptable, but it is essential that candidates have experience managing non-technology business projects, ideally in marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to apply excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage a diverse set of stakeholders and senior leaders
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to present concepts to individuals and large groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially MS Project
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred though not essential
- Consulting experience preferred
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36781 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.