Crownsville, MD 21032
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
- The EPMO recently released a revised Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing the Agile approach to system and solution delivery in which to govern MITDPs which provides new direction for the State in the planning and execution of IT initiatives.
- This contractor Project Manager (PM) of MITDP Oversight resource will report to the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO). The PM will act as the key EPMO oversight liaison for a number of agency’ s MITDPs, provide any potential supporting IV&V contract/project management activities on behalf of DoIT, provide support and guidance to the rest of the oversight project management team within the EPMO with respect to MITDP oversight, support Agile transformation activities, and the planning of respective systems and solutions within the State.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position shall oversee the respective assigned MITDPs. Responsibilities include overall project planning, governance and management. Duties shall focus on project planning, monitoring and control, risk and financial management, reporting, and serving as primary liaison with Agency and Agency stakeholders.
- The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute’ s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the State’ s Agile Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in overseeing the project efforts.
- Establish appropriate strategies, performance and reporting metrics, and processes in support of the EPMO and its SDLC.
- Develop respective SDLC and other required documentation, enterprise solution roadmaps, executive level briefings and reports, and statements of work (SOW).
- Provide direction, as needed, to respective Business Analysts, and other resources supporting the MITDPs and other related IT project initiatives supported by the EPMO.
- Act as the DoIT EPMO liaison/project oversight contact for the major projects; attend respective meetings, prepare associated oversight documentation and reports, and ensure all project requirements for the DoIT EPMO are met.
- Act, on behalf of DoIT, as the Project/Contract Manager representative for the any issued MITDP IV&V contracts; reviewing deliverables and providing recommendations for improved performance of assigned IV&V assessments. Upon request the PM will also review time sheets, and provide acceptance for invoice and Work Order approvals for the assigned IV&V’ s.
- Provide support, and guidance to the Oversight Project Management team within the EPMO with respect to MITDP oversight, Agile supporting transformation activities, and the planning of respective systems and solutions within the State.
- Provide the deliverables (attached)
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget. 7-10 years preferred
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline. Master’ s degree or project management certification is preferred.
- At least two (2) years in overseeing agile implementation projects.
- Experience developing SLDC documentation, reports, briefings, and process documents.
- Experience with working in both agile and project/portfolio tools.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Additional agile related certifications highly preferred.
- Additional IV&V project/contract management expertise.
- Possess excellent communication skills with both Senior Level Executive and team members.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35031 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.