Columbia, MD 21044
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
- Experienced, self-motivated project manager to play a vital role on our Professional Services team
- This individual must provide expert project guidance services to new association and credentialing management software users through consistent interaction with clients, internal staff and outside service partners.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and a self-starter with initiative, comfortable guiding complex projects, maintaining effective internal and external communications and delivering projects on time and on budget
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day guidance and support to new customers relating to their software implementation project
- Take responsibility to ensure delivery of the project on time and within the agreed upon budget
- Effectively prioritize by developing project plans in our ticket management system and associated project planning tools
- Organize work in conjunction with our business analysts, engineers, infrastructure teams, partner representatives and client staff
- Ensure that internal and external staff understand deliverables, tasks, timeframes, and goals
- Report weekly on project status including percent spend, percent complete and progress on major milestones
- Identify and mitigate project risks
- Manage the client relationship throughout the software implementation lifecycle including owning and resolving customer issues
- Manage project budgets
- Generate and verify client invoices
- Follow project methodology providing regular detailed status reports to client and management
- Work with the Vice President of Professional Services and the rest of the team to continuously improve project management practices and processes
- Occasional travel to client offices and possibly industry events
- Other departmental tasks, as assigned
- Thorough understanding of project management concepts and disciplines
- Minimum three years’ experience in managing complex software projects with a verifiable track record of successful completion
- An understanding of change control and quality assurance methodologies
- An understanding of finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience in client communication and management
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- PMP or other professional project management certification or credentialing preferred
- Experience in the association, credentialing and/or not-for-profit industry preferred
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Computer proficiency with functional knowledge of browser-based interfaces; CSS, HTML, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Wiki software experience a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when necessary
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36427 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.