Programmer Analyst II
Baltimore, MD 21202
Programmer Analyst II
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Programmer Analyst II to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Production Support Consultant works in Enterprise Support Services – Customer Tools and shares in the responsibility for the day-to-day support of external and internal websites and applications including vendor integrated solutions and data feeds
- System responsibilities may include: Individual Investor public site, Plan View Portal, and RPS Plan Management tools
- This position is responsible for the timely resolution of system issues which impacts the effectiveness of the business unit to perform their essential functions
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Ability to function independently, as well as in a team environment
- Driven to provide a high level of customer service and to reduce ongoing costs
- Initiative, motivation, responsibility, accountability
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Experience with relational databases, especially Oracle and DB2
- Strong Java skills
- Experience with IBM Websphere Application Server (WAS) v6 and v7
- Experience with WebSphere Studio Application Developer/Rational Application Developer tools
- Experience with Business Objects and supporting applications
- Experience with Unix Operating Systems such as Solaris, AIX
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl and C/K-Shell
- Ability to provide 24x7/365 support through on-call rotation
- Provides 24 hour pager support and performs off-hours support as needed by remotely accessing our systems and effectively troubleshooting by examining logs and testing
- AWS Certification preferred
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35536 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.