Production Support Analyst II
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Production Support Analyst II
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Production Support Analyst II to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Software Asset Management Analyst is responsible for daily control of the enterprise software portfolio to optimize the value, cost, and risk of software. Will track, maintain, and coordinate license and maintenance agreement renewals and procurements in the SAM Tool.
- Collects and maintains accurate Software Licensing information in SAM tool to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost.
- Monitors and reconciles a wide variety of software licenses and usage, including but not limited to, server, storage, middleware, database, and desktop software to mitigate compliance risks and reduce TCO.
- Supports SAM tools, processes and procedures to automate the collection, storage and reporting of key software data so that the products can be managed across the enterprise in an effective manner.
- Manages proof of entitlement documentation and asset authorizations
- Provides support during software publisher audits. Assists with dispute resolution. Recommends audit defense initiatives.
- Contributes to the development of standardized SAM processes and monitor processes to ensure compliance
- Assist with the development of reporting to address management requirements/inquiries
- Responds to requests from Software Owners, end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management
- Bachelor’ s in computer science, Information Systems/Technology, Business, or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience in Software Asset Management and licensing
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information
- Knowledge of Software Asset Management principals / practices
- Knowledge of product use rights for publishers such as Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, IBM, VmWare etc.
- Understanding of Asset Management tools and technologies
- Familiarity with hardware technology and configurations including virtualization
- Proven track record in solving problems, engaging and encouraging others in a collaborative work style to resolve problems.
- Excels at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects
- Experience with and understands Configuration Management (CMBD)
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to influence and impact outcomes
- Highly proficient in Excel (pivot tables, V/H Lookup, functional arguments)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36044 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.