Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Product Owner to join our team.
- Looking for a Product Owner who has a passion for delivering great software products that exceed customer expectations.
- The Product Owner is responsible for driving and defining the development of new or improved features and functionality for Informatics Software. In this role you will articulate and translate the overall strategy and tactics for epics into prioritized features and stories, based on the product vision. You will partner with Senior Product Owners, Product Management and Technical Management to deliver products that achieve business or technology objectives and improve customer satisfaction. You will be accountable for outcomes tied to feature(s) objectives and team delivery.
- A successful candidate must be a self-motivated positive person who puts team goals ahead of individual accomplishments, has a positive can-do attitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, is able to work independently, and has strong influencing skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product management and other stakeholders to define and prioritize stories in the solution backlog
- Create, refine and prioritize team backlog
- Oversee team delivery of incremental functionality every sprint
- Work with Scrum team to determine the best method to break down work items
- Work closely with the technical leads and lead designers to groom the backlog
- Write high-level and detailed-level user stories, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Gather input from other internal functions such as Service, UX, Marketing, Sales, and Regulatory
- Represent Voice of Customer for the development team
- Communicate to key stakeholders the overall progress of the team
- Demonstrate finished work to stakeholders
- Review product documentation (internal and external) and test cases
- BS degree in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 6 years of experience in molecular biology, microbiology or analytical systems of similar complexity
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in a regulated environment
- Experience in a Molecular Biology or other hospital lab environment
- Demonstrated creative and innovative problem solving ability
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and influencing skills especially the ability to gain acceptance from others without harming relationships
- Good project-management and organization skills
- Experience with software and systems development lifecycles
- Experience in an FDA-regulated environment preferred
- Experience with and understanding of LIS, EHR or medical software
- Knowledge of Quality Systems Regulations, ISO guidelines and good laboratory practices
- Experience in Agile Scrum software development processes a plus but not required
- Attention to detail
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36075 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.