Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Principal Architect to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary function of this role is to map business strategies into an enterprise-wide architecture strategy. Working with various business and technology partners, the incumbent will create and manage enterprise-wide architecture processes. This role will also develop the supporting future state enterprise technology architecture which provides a unified view of our enterprise technology for the entire technology organization, its strategic vendors, and a technology investment plan which provides the roadmap for implementing that architecture. The incumbent serves as an internal expert on architecture capabilities relying upon internal/external experience and relationships to develop an architecture strategy for the firm in partnership with the business units and their business strategies. The incumbent serves as a thought leader in aligning architecture capabilities with business strategies with respect to business goals and objectives. This role will make decisions or formulate strategies based on known long-term direction of clients and the firm.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, business or related field and fifteen years’ experience in IT design development and implementation including combined mainframe, midrange, LAN, desktop and web-based architectures, open source knowledge, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MS or MBA degree preferred.
- Worked or led enterprise-wide IT architecture or development initiatives and have a working knowledge of delivering strategies that are implemented across a complex organization.
- 10+ years’ experience working in a mixed technology in/outsourced vendors to deliver large-scale technology solutions, in complex multi-layered environments. Good understanding of applications and infrastructure lifecycles.
- Experience with architecture governance structures across disciplines and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute transition strategies.
- Ability to assess, develops, and mentor existing staff in strategic technology architecture competencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34144 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.