Baltimore, MD 21244
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a PostgreSQL DBA to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior Database Administrator to provide database development expertise and hands on implementation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open source server side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products accessing a PostgreSQL database.
- Bachelors Degree + 11 years experience
- Experience with installation, development, maintenance and enhancement of physical PostgreSQL RDBMS to support the Agile development teams.
- Experience with developing and maintaining OLTP, data warehouses and operational data stores and utilize ERwin data modeling tools for logical and physical data models.
- Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to interfacing systems, Naming Standards, Design standards, Data Conversions and update corresponding documentation.
- Create SQL scripts for Conversion, Reports, Data Analysis and Data Corrections.
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance and administration of Oracle, DB2 or other RDBMS.
- Experience developing databases with an Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Experience with SQL, PostgreSQL, TOAD 9.5, Omegamon.
- Experience with Data Conversion Strategies on various databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Experience with Database partitioning Strategies on various databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Experience with performance and tuning of applications on various databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Experience with Relational and Dimensional Modeling
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows 7, Unix, Solaris.
- Experience with OLTP, data warehousing and operational data stores and concepts.
- Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools.
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with source code versioning with Git and Stash.
- Experience with projects using SAFe methodology.
- Experience with environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Member of open source software communities.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate and to pay attention to detail.
- Strong customer interface skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34140 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.