PL/SQL and Linux Developer
7152 Windsor Blvd Baltimore, MD 21244
PL/SQL and Linux Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a PL/SQL and Linux Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair the existing Oracle PL/SQL and Linux scripts
- Rewrite the scripts in PostgreSQL for connection to Greenplum databases in the Amazon Web Services cloud server environment.
- Understand the existing Oracle data models, existing PL/SQL and Linux scripts, and fix the code with Oracle Data warehouse standards.
- Understand the db2 data models and JCL Programs.
- Evaluate and/or recommend changes to the data model(s).
- Analyzing the data provided to assess if the data meets customers' needs.
- Rewrite existing Oracle PL/SQL scripts in Postgres SQL to use in Greenplum database.
- Conduct studies/pilots associated with ASG-Rochade, Tableau, Informatica, and Greenplum, and/or other metadata tools.
- Development of user documentation and guidelines.
- Development of presentation material.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field +11 years IT experience.
- Proficiency writing scripts using Oracle PL/SQL and Linux scripting.
- Proficient experience with Legacy Data warehouse projects.
- Proficient experience with SQL, TkProf, SQL Loader, Packages, triggers, Materialized Views, UTL file and external tables.
- Working knowledge with Control-M or any job scheduling tools.
- Hands on experience with data warehouse/business intelligence reporting environment. Knowledge in both client-server and mainframe-based systems and the connectivity/infrastructure requirements to support, design, develop and implement such systems.
- Hands on Experience with Oracle DBA skills (schema and database analyze, full back up, resource allocation and trouble shooting skills).
- Working knowledge of BI Reporting Tools.
- Hands on experience of PostgreSQL.
- Hands on experience of Greenplum database.
- Hands on experience with data analysis.
- Hands on experience connecting to, and working in, the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud server environment.
- Experience with working with Federal Government clients.
- Programming skills and proficiency using Tableau, and/or WebFOCUS 8.
- Development experience in delivering Informatica ETL/database/programming solutions in a data warehouse environment with multiple data marts using associated tools.
- Familiarity with ASG-Rochade metadata software.
- Experience working with Hadoop and accessing HIVE tables is a plus.
- Experience in cold fusion programming skills.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 65217 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.