Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a PL/SQL Programmer to join our team.
Seeking an experienced and enthusiastic PL-SQL programmer for a contract to hire position on an application development team for a first in class dynamic energy company based in Baltimore, MD. Applicants should be passionate, critical thinkers, and highly motivated to succeed in a unique and innovative team setting. The position will be part of a diverse team responsible for the end-to-end development of custom software solutions for internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to load data from various sources and formats and integrate data into the system
- Generate procedures, functions and packages of moderate to high complexity with relative ease
- Work closely with various developers, project managers and analysts to build and implement new applications or features
- Monitor, recommend and implement changes to PL/SQL packages and stored procedures as needed to improve data processing or performance
- Troubleshoot and resolve database or related technical issues as they arise, demonstrating agility in day to day support of multiple projects and critical processes, including 24 x 7 operations
- 3-5 years of professional software development experience
- Hands on experience with developing Oracle stored procedures, functions and packages
- Strong analytic skills with an understanding of object-oriented coding practices and programming languages
- Basic knowledge of Oracle architecture and indexing
- Basic knowledge of data integration and data loading techniques
- Hands on experience with PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer or TOAD
- Strong knowledge of data quality and integrity
- Working knowledge of TFS or other code versioning tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment while balancing multiple priorities
- A Good team player, with a passion for collaboration and an ability to articulate high-level concepts
- A Relevant Bachelor’ s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working experience on an Agile/Scrum Team
- Experience with / interest in learning Microsoft technologies and platforms, including SQL Server and Azure
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35993 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.