Timonium, MD 21093
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team.
- We are searching for a Network Engineer to join its Infrastructure and Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, configuration, installation, operation, tuning, troubleshooting, and documentation of data communications equipment across national data infrastructure. Networking equipment consists of both on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
- The candidate will also participate in other projects for the Infrastructure and Operations team, particularly projects involving Amazon Web Services, Information Security, PCI compliance, and VoIP.
- This position includes on-call duties and may require a small amount of travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’ s security leader
- Authoring documentation and diagrams
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Current CCNP certification with Cisco-based routing, switching & firewalls; verification required (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Experience managing storage networks
- Experience with a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Services or M.S. Azure
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- 8+ years of experience in selecting, design engineering, solution engineering, project engineering, integrating, and implementing Cisco network architecture and related technologies
- Demonstrated effective decision making that had significant impact on technology direction and related business results
- 8+ years of experience in providing consulting to senior management on the use and selection of these technologies
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34583 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.