Middleware Engineer Specialist
McLean, VA 22102
Middleware Engineer Specialist
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Middleware Engineer Specialist to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with development teams to understand build and deployment needs and provide SME support.
- Develop application build and deployment scripts.
- Provide support for day to day application build, deployment of code (Java and /or ETL), and Data models on lower environments.
- Provide associated implementation documentation for controlled environments, including production.
- Build-out, setup and configuration of new and/or existing environments.
- Coordinate with and provide guidance to project teams on infrastructure related topics
- Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems while working under limited supervision
- Analyze configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions
- Troubleshoot complex issues with limited guidance
- Identify environment requirements to meet project development and testing needs.
- Collaborate with the Deployment Support, Infrastructure Support, Unix System Administrators and Database Administrators
- Follow established standards and process.
- Coordinate with and provide guidance to developers on their development environments
- Provide subject-matter-expert advice to the project team for the various platforms used for
- the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
- Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization.
- Position requires at least a bachelor’ s degree, along with 10+ years of experience with at least two of the following: J2EE, Weblogic, Apache/Tomcat, Webmethods, AutoSys, ETL /Informatica & ClearCase/GIT.
- Two years of hands-on experience with SQL, and shell scripting.
- Ideal candidate will be self-driven.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to think out of the box and drive towards high quality solutions and resolutions.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting capabilities
- Must be resourceful and driven in their ability to meet expectations in a highly structured, process-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following is a plus: Jenkins(Hudson), iLog Administration, database administration, Informatica.
- Knowledge of Repository Manager and Folder Management
- Working knowledge of creating labels
- Experience with Exporting and Importing objects.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34660 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.