Middleware Engineer Professional
McLean, VA 22102
Middleware Engineer Professional
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Middleware Engineer Professional to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary interface between Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering and technical stakeholders.
- Middleware Certifications and Baseline support
- Assistance with internal Application /Portal development
- Build environments as per application requirements.
- Lead and assist team with Middleware upgrades and keep environments run with supported versions.
- Proficient in problem determination, troubleshooting, root cause analysis.
- Identify and recommend process improvements from time-to-time.
- Experience working with Vendor for Incident and Problem resolution.
- Automate middleware tasks using Unix shell-scripting, python.
- Document and Provide technical guidelines and best practices to Operations, Integration and Development teams.
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 3 – 5 years of Apache administration experience
- 5 – 7 years of WebLogic administration experience.
- 3 – 5 years of Tomcat administration experience.
- Hands-on experience with Unix Shell scripting.
- Good understanding of platform infrastructure components – Unix, Storage (SAN/NAS), Network Security, DNS, BigIP, TCP/IP, LDAP etc
- Good understanding of Relational Databases – Oracle, DB2, SQL Server etc.
- Preferred Skills:
- 3 – 5 years of Oracle SOA, OSB experience (application integration experience is a plus).
- 1 - 2 years of Oracle Enterprise Manger (OEM) experience (administration / usage).
- 1 – 2 years of Java (J2EE) Development experience.
- 1 – 2 years of Appian BPM experience
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34658 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.