Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Microstrategy Architect to join our team.
This candidate must have experience leading design, development and maintenance of data assets/semantic layers in architecture. Analyzing data and Business Intelligence needs, recommend and implement solutions. Perform analysis, modeling and transformations of information as it relates to business requirements for in-house builds. Facilitate issues, monitor BI Architecture, and identify gaps, risks and area for improvement. Provide documented options and benefits/risks that can be used as input into project decisions related to the final BI Design. The ideal candidate having Investment Data experience is plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop end to end scalable analytical solutions with MicroStrategy
- Simplify complex business problems and extract insights from large data sets
- Architect and develop analytical solutions that provide insights
- Participate in data strategy and road map exercises, business intelligence/data warehouse product selection, design and implementation
- Translate business requirements into MicroStrategy BI reporting / dashboard designs.
- Develop and design high quality accurate dashboards and reports.
- Work with Data team across the enterprise to promote best MicroStrategy BI reporting practices.
- Participate with Data Governance discussions and provide guidance on proper enterprise reporting / data framework and practices.
- Collaborate with the team / Mentor the team / Work individually.
- Ability to lead your own projects and work independently once given a direction
- Ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc.
- Advanced data visualization skills using any technology
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, computer science, information technology, or related degree
- 8 to 10 + years of progressive information technology experience with MicroStrategy
- Experience with in-memory reporting or Intelligent Cubes
- Creating complex reporting objects using Relationship filters, Metric dimensionalities, Nested Prompts, Hierarchy Filters, Consolidations, Custom Groups, Freeform SQL, Query builder.
- Validating report results against requirement deliverables for accuracy
- Troubleshooting the performance issues with creating and scheduling cubes and caches.
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to analyze large volume of data
- The person has to be results-oriented, willing and able to take ownership of engagements
- Experience working with cross functional teams to deliver business value through data
- Experience analyzing high volumes of data for multiple purposes in a dynamic environment
- Strong knowledge of data modeling and processes - including forecasting
- Track record in driving a data-driven culture across business units
- Experience with integrated BI platforms including MicroStrategy and Business Objects
- Investment strategy, analysis and forecasting experience preferred
- System administration skills, application customization skills, nominal programming and the ability to analyze a given problem, diagnose it and find its root cause, then either solve it or escalate accordingly
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of EIP (enterprise integration patterns) and ETL (extract transform load) patterns strongly preferred
- Knowledge of systems and database languages
- Preferred if candidate is MicroStrategy Certified
- Experience with Agile team member using a Scrum methodology
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations
- Strong ability to develop complex SQL queries for business logic implementation
- Well versed in normalization/de-normalization techniques for data analysis and optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- Expertise with business intelligence solutions on MicroStrategy. If you have additional skills such as Tableau, Qlik it is plus.
- Ability to work directly with Business Users, engineers and analysts when it comes to defining metrics, crafting solutions and providing insights
- Understanding Data Warehouse concepts.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and strong experience working with Oracle Technologies
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36989 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.