1893 Metro Center Dr Reston, VA 20190
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Mainframe Developer to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in the research division of a large government client
- Work on an IBM mainframe extracting data from several production and test systems for transmission to a enterprise data warehouse.
- Data will need to be transformed for compatibility on Solaris and Unix systems.
- Work with several database developers at the target data warehouse and assist in transmitting metadata, answering user questions and gaining expertise in the use and interpretations of the data.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in any science
- Experience can make up for education. 5 years working on a production mainframe.
- Experience in mainframe programming, specifically Assembler, little-endian to big endian data transformations, character encoding, backup and DR recovery methods, large-file transfer methods and enterprise networking.
- Active IRS government clearance
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65623 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.