Mainframe DB2 DBA
Baltimore, MD 21244
Mainframe DB2 DBA
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Mainframe DB2 DBA to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
- Conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases.
- Performance monitoring and tuning of several DB2 databases.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Create and maintain the performance of stored procedures.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures
- Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equilvalent experience with 8 years of professional experience.
- Mainframe DB2 DBA experience at least Version 10.
- Experience with CA or BMC DB2 tools.
- Experience with Omegamon and Testbase for DB2.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
- Availability to provide weekend/off-hours support as needed.
- Mainframe DB2 DBA experience Version 10
- Experience working with Java and distributed application teams.
- Experience with Web Services, JPA (specifically OpenJPA) and WebSphere.
- Experience with ERwin Model Manager.
- Prior experience in mainframe application development accessing DB2 databases
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Order Number: 35133 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.