Linux Systems Administrator
Timonium, MD 21093
Linux Systems Administrator
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General management of servers platforms consisting of RedHat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, and other appliances running Linux
- Work with a team of systems administrators for server platforms, including maintaining system build documentation, change control system management, and automated build tool management.
- Work with the development team to deploy, maintain, and monitor software systems into production
- Maintain current patch levels in server platforms
- Update server security as needed
- Work with internal compliance/audit teams to ensure systems meet and maintain compliance requirements.
- Support applications running on server platforms, both third party and custom built
- Provide training and instruction to users on new technology or changes to existing systems
- Working with application owners to resolve any issues and address any break/fix problems
- Working with application/business owners to diagnose application issues where possible
- Creating and Maintaining a Knowledgebase based on common problems and resolutions
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-6 years administering Linux, RedHat Enterprise Linux preferred
- 3-6 years working within a cross-functional team environment in a support function or role
- 3-6 years of experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, BASH, KSH, CSH
- Experience troubleshooting technical hardware and software issues
- Team-oriented, self-starter, very organized and persistent
- Experience desired with datacenter automation tools, such as Puppet
- Experience desired with ESXi
- Experience desired working with Oracle, SAP HANA, and MongoDB Databases
- Experience desired working with Cloud Platforms such as Azure and AWS are a plus
- Experience desired working with standard unix/linux services such as SSHD, Bind, Syslog, NTP, FTP, etc
- Experience desired with Microsoft SQL Server and .NET applications are a plus
- Bachelor’ s Degree, or related relevant experience considered
- RHCSA Certification, RHCE Certification or related relevant experience considered
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36900 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.