Baltimore, MD 21244
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Linux/Hadoop Administrator to join our team.
- The Linux Systems Administrator will participate in diagnostics and troubleshooting of the OS and application environment. We are looking for someone who has strengths in scripting, system hardening, patching, upgrading, and configuration management. The individual will work closely with our customers and development teams to create, manage, upgrade, and secure Hadoop clusters.
- Key success metrics for this individual include:
- Proven experience with automation
- Advanced Linux / Windows system administration capabilities
- Ability to thrive within a dynamic technology environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, support, and upgrade Linux O/S.
- Design, install, and configure Hadoop Clusters, including installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating System.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot Hadoop cluster services/components.
- Maintain, support, and upgrade Hadoop clusters. Address all issues, apply upgrades and security patches.
- Monitor jobs, queues, and HDFS capacity.
- Work with team members to maintain server hardware at local and remote facilities, and much more.
- Certified Linux System Administrator (e.g. Red Hat Linux)
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years of IT experience as a Linux System Administrator applicable experience with Linux/UNIX systems in a production environment.
- Minimum 3 years proficiency with building and maintaining Cloudera / Hadoop clusters.
- Experience creating scripts (bash) for automated installations, kickstart and monitoring.
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as Puppet and Ansible
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Apache Tomcat
- Experience with disk and file encryption
- Configure and maintain selinux, iptables, and syslog
- Creation/management of VMs
- Setup Linux systems for Active Directory authentication
- Understanding of basic network concepts, familiarity with TCP/IP and VLAN functionality
- Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
- Solid understanding of core services (e.g. LDAP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, NAS)
- Very strong troubleshooting skills towards root cause analysis and practical issue resolution
- Strong understanding of universal network services (HTTP, email, Samba, MySQL)
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (SED, AWK, PHP, Bourne shell, Ruby, Python)
- Demonstrative written and verbal communication skills to audiences with a wide variety of technical knowledge
- Works very well in a team environment
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36259 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.