Linux Admin / DevOps Engineer
600 W. Jackson Blvd, Suite 100 Chicago, IL 60661
Linux Admin / DevOps Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Linux Admin / DevOps Engineer to join our team.
This role is responsible for large data system administration - helping to maintain the current data cluster in our cloud infrastructure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Design data flow for log collection
- Build and maintain tools for deployment
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in our dev, test, and production environments
- Research and recommend innovative, and (where possible) automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies to scale
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of Datacenter Services Infrastructure
- Responsible for maintenance and provisioning
- Respond for quickly fixing service interruptions as they occur
- Identify capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service
- Provide periodic updates with leadership team to discuss current and future projects to maintain alignment with company goals
2+ years of experience in an admin or operations-type role performing the below:
- Linux/Unix administration - ideally RHEL (Red Hat)
- Deploying enterprise applications in production environments
- Using automation software / configuration management tools – ideally Salt
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and hosting providers – ideally GCP (Google)
- Capturing metrics and monitoring a cloud infrastructure
- Following best practices for IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- A working understanding of code and scripting languages (Python and Java preferred, GoLang and C++ also nice to have)
- Ability to debug current code base
- Ability to write new scripts
- Applied knowledge of CI/CD practices (preferably with Bamboo)
- Experience working with a microservices architecture
- Experience in a collaborative team environment using source control tools (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience setting up secure networks or implementing security measures in a network
- Experience with virtualization platforms (such as VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, and KVM)
- Experience managing a cloud-based (GCP) network
- Experience working in a small, flat, self-starter work environment (your office will be in a co-working space)
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 64261 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.