Lead Systems Administrator
annapolis, MD 21401
Lead Systems Administrator
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Lead Systems Administrator to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide insight into project prioritization and technology roadmaps for IT strategic initiatives, specifically in the area of Networking and Windows Administration.
- Understand that inter-dependencies between IT knowledge areas exist and therefore guide decisions and actions within your domain to maximize these dependencies.
- Act as a confidante, guide and decision maker for troubleshooting requests which require new processes, are highly complicated or distinctly unique.
- Constantly think of practical ways to stay ahead of technological trends through enhancing the effectiveness of existing technology or through the adoption of new technology.
- Create and sustain a motivating environment where all team members contribute by listening to their ideas, empowering decision making through delegation and entrusting in their abilities to meet stated objectives.
- Demand excellence by establishing goals, training and performance metrics which will be used to increase job satisfaction and career development for each member of the team.
- Generate synergy within the Networking team, IT and all other departments within the company.
- Willingly and occasionally work nights and weekends to appropriately support the business.
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance our networking infrastructure through project work and strategic initiatives.
- Be an advocate for documenting maintenance procedures, user guides and technical specifications.
- 7+ years System Administrator experience
- 2+ years of experience leading tasks of a similar size/scope
- Experience with Microsoft system administration in an enterprise environment, including Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies, and Visual Basic scripting-Experience with the security configuration of Windows Server
- Experience with patch management processes and solutions, including Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, or similar technology
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking technologies and devices and computer network defense concepts
- Experience with developing and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
- Bachelor’ s degree in an IT related field, or equivalent experience
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36404 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.