Lead, Senior Network Engineer (AWS)
Baltimore, MD 21202
Lead, Senior Network Engineer (AWS)
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Lead, Senior Network Engineer (AWS) to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lead, Senior Network Engineer (AWS) will direct, manage, plan and administer the engineering and networking associated with the running of the IT infrastructure. Our Lead Engineer will participate as member of the management team that develops and supports infrastructure and cloud strategies for the organization. The lead will also contribute to the development of financial and resource planning needed to achieve department business objectives and manage available resources and oversee 3rd party sourcing relationship(s).
- Support the lifecycle of IT infrastructure services with particular focus on service quality and service level assurance.
- Establish near- and long-term service strategies, performance monitoring plans and improvement frameworks.
- Participate in technical studies and evaluations of needs and technological alternatives with other managers.
- Monitor availability and capacity management for both physical and virtual servers.
- Oversee design and capacity management for storage and backup infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the overall architecture and configuration of an enterprise network environment with appropriate hardware, operating systems software, applications software.
- General oversight and accountability for the engineering and support of the following end user computing infrastructure technologies
- Oversight of Service Desk operations. This includes monitoring, managing and reporting on service desk performance and ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are achieved in accordance with vendor contracts.
- Accountable for providing all end-user hardware and software IT support by desktop support technicians. Oversee daily operations of service functions / solutions within team’ s scope. Implement short-term business strategies.
- Provide oversight on the implementation and ongoing strategy for Collaboration Tools
- Direct staff in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Adhere to both company policy and governmental regulations concerning department.
- Deep knowledge of technical infrastructure including servers, storage, databases, networks, firewalls, telephony, desktop, mobile devices and cloud based solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT operations, systems, architecture, technical controls, data-centric issues, and considerations.
- Master’ s degree in a technical discipline
- CISSP, CCNP, CCNA certifications
- AWS Certifications strongly desired
- Experience managing a team/unit performing highly specialized functions.
- Experience with Firewalls, VPN, VMWare, Networking, Performance Tuning, AV/Voice, Routers/Switches, DNS, VMWare, etc.
- Ability to coach and guide staff in development of skills and career
- Demonstrated experience overseeing delivery by third party Service Providers, maintaining knowledge of contractual terms and holding delivery managers accountable
- Demonstrated ability to assess and enhance IT processes within an organization and knowledge of challenges faced by implementation teams along with
- Collaborates with matrixed partners to ensure that resources are effectively leveraged and managed in order to deliver on solutions delivery projects and production support demands.
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills to partner effectively with internal business partners, vendors, and consultant resources, and all levels of staff and management, including the ability to be both directive and collaborative as appropriate to the situation
- Manage time, deadlines, multiple priorities, and projects efficiently.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college/university in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Business, or related field.
- 7 years of leadership experience with both Development and Management roles.
- Familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM) and ITIL concepts.
- Microsoft Office Professional.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35678 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.