LAN Support Technician
Baltimore, MD 21031
LAN Support Technician
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a LAN Support Technician to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- We have an immediate need for a LAN Support Technician.
- The selected candidate will assist our client with performing LAN and Desktop support.
- The candidate should be able to work without technical oversight and should be able to troubleshoot network, hardware and user's issues.
- The candidate will be collocated with the client's employees and subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree required w/ a minimum of 11 years of IT experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering and troubleshooting Active Directory (AD) user accounts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange email accounts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning and scheduling installation of new and/or modified hardware and software.
- Should also resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems and manages the installation and integration of system patches, updates and enhancements.
- Experience with imaging, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting government workstations, laptops, servers and blackberries.
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop and network printers.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot SharePoint sites.
- Demonstrated proficiency in tracking inventory, including the location of all systems, software releases and telecommunications equipment. Should be able to conduct inventory reviews.
- Ability to assist in the acquisition, installation, testing and evaluation of computer hardware and software.
- Experience with diagnosing and resolving problems in response to reported incidents using tools such as AD.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot Windows Operating Systems and various software packages, including Microsoft tools and Adobe
- Experience with administering file, print and database servers
- Ability to create "How to" documentation
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Experience working on government sites with the ability to learn government
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36797 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.