Junior UI Engineer
Columbia, MD 21044
Junior UI Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Junior UI Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements and user experience designs into working products
- Work closely with our UX team to deliver fully responsive and adaptive UI’ s
- Support our engineering team in delivering best of breed user centered applications
- Assist Product and UX teams in creating robust data visualizations
- Quality check all UI’ s for constituency, stability, accuracy, and adherence to our UI/UX standards
- Attend daily standups, grooming sessions, and discovery meetings as the subject matter expert
- Assist in preparing UI walkthroughs and end user documentation
- 2+ years of experience as a UI Engineer or comparable education
- Understanding of API’ s, REST protocols, and JSON
- Thorough understanding of responsive and adaptive design principles
- Experience with version control systems and release management
- Hard-working, proactive, and self-motivated
- Keen attention to detail and deep passion for consistency
- Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
- Collaborative, team player with an openness to new ideas
- Ability to manage multiple projects and day-to-day responsibilities with little oversight
- Material Design
- Familiarity with relational databases and data queries (SQL)
- Data visualizations (a plus if experienced in D3)
- Behavioral data analysis tools (a plus if experienced with Pendo)
- Agile and communication tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Slack
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36264 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.