Junior/Mid Java Developer
Timonium, MD 21093
Junior/Mid Java Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Junior/Mid Java Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will work with a dynamic team of individuals as you review & analyze functional specifications, create technical specifications, and implement solutions for various business needs. You will work directly with end-users/customers to ensure requirements are met and UAT is completed. You will also provide post deployment support and application troubleshooting while enforcing team processes and Standard Operating Procedures. You will utilize the Java/J2EE platform, JBoss application server, and other technologies to advance our iMarketing and eCommerce initiatives.
- Analyze business requirements provided by Business Analysts or Customer
- Work with business teams to clarify and understand requirements
- Develop plan for implementing code changes that are compatible with TESSCO long-term goals and strategies.
- Work with team to review functional specifications and create technical specifications.
- Provide accurate estimates of amount of effort
- Effectively work with team to ensure efficient use of time and resources
- Document deployment requirements
- Provide post deployment support and troubleshooting of applications.
- Enforce team processes and SOPs
- 4-year college degree in computer science or equivalent documented skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years programming experience
- 3+ years of experience creating Java/J2EE (or equivalent) applications
- 2+ years of experience with JBoss AS/EAP (Clustering & BRMS are a plus)
- Experience in agile-type project environment
- Experience with web based e-Commerce applications and frameworks
- Experience with a Content Management System (preferably Sitecore)
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35114 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.