Jr. Android Mobile Developer (Jr. Level)
849 Fairmount Avenue Towson, MD 21286
Jr. Android Mobile Developer (Jr. Level)
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Jr. Android Mobile Developer (Jr. Level) to join our team.
The Jr. Android Mobile Developer is responsible for participating on a team focused on the development of mobile software applications. This person analyzes, programs, and debugs software enhancements. Using Java programming language will design and write code and perform testing and debugging of Android applications. Experienced in object-oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing. Experience in defining and using databases programmatically. The role will be about 50% development and 50% system maintenance and support. This person must have good communication skills and be able to participate in software design discussions. Knowledge of industry standard design patterns and practices is desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates business requirements to conceptual solution architecture and high-level project estimates.
- Develops, modifies, and implements mobile applications according to business requirements using:
- Android/Java Development
- Android Studio
- Cross-platform development
- Open Source Technologies
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi communication
- RESTful interfaces
- XML and JSON protocols
- Programmatic database definition and manipulation
- Object oriented coding, performance tuning, and unit testing
- Performs proper unit testing and software code writing (including automated unit testing)
- Familiar with appropriate standards and techniques used during the Software Development Life Cycle process (SDLC, security) and applies them appropriately
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Engages effectively in time management and prioritization of workload
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by management
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of applicable Software Development experience Engineer I – SW Mobile 2
- Good working knowledge of Database management systems
- Good working knowledge of Android/Java Development environment and process
- Familiar with industry standard Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) process methodologies and Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Knowledge of Agile practices
- Knowledge of developing mobile applications
- Transportation industry knowledge desired but not required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Potential to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with various team members and/or other groups both internally and externally
- Ability to engage in time management and prioritization of workload
- Ability to follow direction to develop new skills as needed to support new products and applications
- Familiarity with other mobile application technologies desired but not required:
- iOS/Objective C Development
- Xamarin Development
- Familiarity with Microsoft stack desired but not required:
- SQL Server
- Familiarity with cloud native technologies desired but not required:
- Containers and Container Orchestration
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 64089 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.