Jr Software Engineer
Bel Air, MD 21014
Jr Software Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Jr Software Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seeking Software Engineers to support the Information Technology team.
- This position works independently on complex subroutines and assists in the development of major system modules and applications.
- Participates in full life cycle application development, including designing, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Provides configuration support for third-party applications.
- Collaborate on XSLT mapping and requirements
- Coordinates development and testing of all modules per conformance with established departmental guidelines, policies and practices as well as industry standard guidelines.
- Performs acceptance testing and program implementation for assigned systems and/or projects.
- Conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives.
- Provides support, maintenance and ongoing enhancements to projects in addition to writing technical and end-user documentation.
- Creates and maintains documentation of all processes and procedures according to company policies procedures and standards.
- Implements continuous improvement processes by providing feedback to management concerning possible problems and areas of concern.
- Makes recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Will be working with the team in accordance with a hybrid Agile/SDLC methodology.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of a four (4) year Bachelor of Science degree majoring in Computer Science/Information Technology program. Experience can be substituted for a college degree.
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of developing web applications.
- Knowledge of System implementation and system integration processes.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum Qualifications
- Knowledge of Angular JS and MVC
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, HTML, CSS, AJAX
- Knowledge of relational databases (preferably SQL Server)
- Knowledge of Git/Github
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 or higher/ C#
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Understanding of Web Services
- Understanding of Object Oriented design patterns
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34355 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.